Thursday, December 25, 2014

BOXING DAY SALE MASCOT SEARCH ENDED!

When I decided to have the second annual boxing day sale, I decided to put the call out to everyone to find the right mascot for the day. The first submission was from someone's grandma who thought the idea of "Busking Day" was an excellent idea. She also added that she'd been working on a new version of "My Humps" and was dying to take it live. When I declined she told me to "go screw myself" and then reminded me that any future live performance requests would be nothing even CLOSE to a sale price. I then got a call from my friends' uncle who thought a "Bog Skiing" Day would be a fine idea although he was a bit worried about the area just off the shoulder of Highway 4 being a bit "sletchy" and could require some orange safety flags. Next. The next idea camefrom Agnes, a 93 year old former women's boxer who was dying for a rematch with her old arch-nemesis, Edna The Elbow and felt boxing day would be a fine venue for that. (At least she got the word right)While I've never been one for violence, their original action shot didn't show enough effort to suspect a 2 year reunion would be worth hosting never mind 70 years later. Sadly, we found out Edna had died in '84. Agnes told me she was happy fighting herself. Ok then . So at that point I prettymuch gave up and headed to visit my friend Joe. Assoon as I entered his kitchen I found his father sitting inside a huge empty box smiling from ear to ear. He gave the box a "spokesmodel" wave and said "Nice,huh? Very roomy!" and I instantly knew I had found my mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment